New concerns have been raised over the future of the 400 Land Registry employees in their Swansea office.
The UK Government’s plans to part-privatise the organisation, which records the details of land ownership across Wales and England, is an attempt to save money and although a consultation period ended last month, no announcements have yet been made.
Cimla councillor John Warman, wrote to First Minister Carwyn Jones about the issue.
A Welsh Government spokesman responding for Mr Jones, said: "The consultation closed on March 20 and we are responding to indicate our concerns around staffing matters, the operation of the proposed new service delivery company and the potential impact on the local economy and community around the Swansea Land Registry Office.
"We are currently in the early stages of consultation with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills about these matters, including the potential implications for staff employed at the Land Registry’s office at Swansea."
Mr Warman said that he wanted to praise the Welsh Government for fighting to protect to staff and the future delivery of the service.