Legal professionals demand single, national panel validation approach from lenders

Legal professionals demand single, national panel validation approach from lenders

Legal professionals attending SearchFlow’s risk management and compliance seminars were unanimous in urging lenders to adopt a single rationalised panel validation system.
When asked how best the profession could ensure lenders keep their panels open, delegates showed overwhelming support (100%) for the creation an independent national database of validated solicitors and licensed conveyancers.
In response to the recent legislative changes SearchFlow, the electronic conveyancing search service, hosted the seminars in order to highlight the latest developments in risk management and compliance in the property transaction. They were attended by over 200 legal professionals from Leeds, Southampton, and London.
Alongside developments in lender panels and the role of CQS, delegates took part in sessions on common pitfalls in compliance rules and changes in flood risk requirements among others. Looking forward to 2013 and to the areas expected to see the largest increase in client demand, the majority of delegates expect to see a significant rise in flood searches (57%), more double those expecting to see more planning searches (28%) and ahead of those predicting a rise in environmental searches (42%).
Delegates were also asked if the recent legislative changes had prompted them to join or if they are now planning to join an organisation designed to promote their collective interests. Around 10% said they had, with around 5% saying they were considering it, but the vast majority (85%) said they hadn’t and were not thinking about it.
When looking at how much business currently comes to law firms through instructions from ‘panel management’ companies, around 5% of delegates said a minority of their business was sourced from third party panel managers, with the rest (95%) saying none of their business came via this route.
Richard Hinton, business development director of SearchFlow, said: “SearchFlow remains committed to ensuring best practice in the property transaction and the seminar series was designed to deliver all the information needed to run a successful business and to give the homebuyer peace of mind.
“The two big buzz words in the property industry at the moment are ‘risk’ and ‘compliance’. Keeping up with legislative changes and requirements is a challenge for everyone, and there is a huge demand for information on how people are affected.
“The most pressing issue for the industry remains lender panel validation. And the feeling is clearly that a single, rationalised panel validation system would be the best solution for all parties.”

SearchFlow

http://www.searchflow.co.uk

www.searchflow.co.uk

SearchFlow is the UK’s largest provider of legal due diligence data for residential and commercial property transactions. Since its formation, it has supported over 5,000,000 instructions and delivered 26,000,000 searches; this equates to around 1 in every 4 property transactions in the UK.

SearchFlow recognises that proactively supporting each client’s journey is vital to delivering the right due diligence insights, searches, data, surveys and insurance for every transaction – whether a single residential property or a complex commercial portfolio. Via its advanced online ordering platform and backed-up by an award-winning customer service team, SearchFlow supports clients in delivering the conveyancing solutions needed to manage due diligence risk and achieve compliance.

By partnering with SearchFlow, property law professionals in the UK can deliver smarter, safer, and faster property transactions to their customers.

Based in Kent, SearchFlow is a Landmark Information Group business, which is part of DMGT plc.

Visit www.searchflow.co.uk for more information or follow via social media for regular updates:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SearchFlow

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/searchflow/


Key Services


Address

42 Kings Hill Avenue
Kings Hill
West Malling
Kent
ME19 4AJ


Key Contact 

Name: Tracy Burtwell
Tel: 0800 977 8818
Email: [email protected]
LinkedIn: Tracy Burtwell

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

X