HM Land Registry have just released their November 2023 transaction data, covering what they have managed to process during the last time period. They note that this is not necessarily a reflection on market activity.
In November, the Land Registry completed more than 1,793,400 applications to change or query the Land Register (with the South East topping the tables when it comes to regional applications, with nearly 1/4 of applications).
Completed applications are down though when you compare it to October 2023, and then again with November last year.
- 278,536 were applications for register updates compared with 313,954 in October
- 1,014,848 were applications for an official copy of a register compared with 1,060,430 in October
- 198,173 were search and hold queries (official searches) compared with 204,682 in October
- 88,686 were transactions for value compared with 81,909 in October
- 19730 were postal applications from non-account holders compared with 18,878 in October