Chancellor Philip Hammond has released plans for a £1.9 billion cyber security Government strategy.
In his speech yesterday, Hammond outlined future plans to protect UK businesses from cybercrime.
The new National Cyber Security Strategy document was published and details guidance relating to plans that are expected to run from 2016 until 2021.
Key areas that all firms should be aware of include:
- Roles and responsibilities of businesses and organisations
- The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC)
- Defend – plans to defend UK organisations
- Deter – plans to enhance deterrence
- Develop – plans to strengthen skills, training and technology
It is your responsibility as a business within a particularly vulnerable sector to keep abreast of developments and be aware of the strategy, as well as ways you can implement any changes effectively.
To read the full National Cyber Security Strategy document, please click here.